Monday, February 7, 2011

Public Street Lighting

Public Street Lighting
Prior to Christmas I was approached by a reader / resident of our area who drew my attention to the poor state of public lighting in general. I have since been in contact with both Tralee Town Council and Kerry County Council in this regard.
I began by doing a brief survey of the lighting on the main Caherslee road. I informed the relevant contact person in Kerry County Council. Some work has been completed to date. Both the inclement weather and the holidays and, I quote;

”There is an ESB cable fault affecting two lights. These lights are in working order but the cable fault is stopping power getting to them. We have contacted ESB Networks to rectify the problem " 


have affected further repairs.
I will continue to pursue this matter most especially within housing estates in the area as and I quote from the same e-mail:

“Most housing estates are under the control of Tralee Town Council, but still use the same maintenance contractors as us, if it is just a case of a bulb out, you can pass the info on to me and I can inform our contractors, but if it the case that a car has damaged a pole and some civil works/breaking concrete
digging out to replace the pole, then you would have to contact Tralee Town Council.”


Furthermore, some housing estates have not been “taken-in-charge” by the Town Council and so representations are and will be made to the respective developers.
If you wish to advise us on the malfunctioning public lighting in your area you
may e-mail: cahersleenews@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment